If You Want to Elope in Maine, Check Out This Guide to Wedding and Elopement Packages Available.Maureen Grenier, BEI Contributing Writer – Updated: Feb 11, 2013
Eloping in Maine is for people who seek the most romantic destinations imaginable where you can escape to the mountains or the sea or to dreamy secluded locations.
Consider bed and breakfasts in coastal Maine with elopement packages to suite your budget and style or choose a lakeside inn or secluded mountain retreat.
Depending on the season, your honeymoon entertainment can include skiing or snowmobiling, fly fishing, whale and puffin watching, hiking, biking, golfing, whitewater rafting, or just relaxing on the beach and maybe a little antique shopping. Wedding/eloping packages in Maine are perfect in any season.
1. The Lodge at Moosehead Lake Elegant Elopements “Just for 2”. This package offers a romantic, private and perfect wedding ceremony. Just bring your license and the Lodge staff will take care of everything, from flowers for the bride and groom, to the photographer, cake, dinner for two and a beautiful suite to enjoy your first night as husband and wife.
It's an all inclusive luxury wedding package for $2500 plus tax, gratuities included. (2013 Rating* for Romantic Maine Inns: 93% Excellent/Very Good)
2. Diane York Wedding Service - eloping in Portland Maine and the coastal area is easy with Diane York as your wedding consultant. Elopement ceremonies in Maine are a bargain starting at $1795 for a two-night accommodation complete with wedding ceremony, bouquet and boutonniere, candlelight dinner for two, champagne, photographer, fine dining, and much more.
3. The Beachmere Inn - a Southern Maine elopement is spectacular at the Beachmere, one of the best romantic inns on the coast of Maine with eloping packages that include an ocean-front ceremony, flowers, bouquet and boutonniere, justice of the peace, and two or three night accommodations within walking distance of both Ogunquit and Perkin's Cove. Packages start at $1200.
4. The Lakehouse - this Waterford, ME elopement location offers a night at a romantic B&B for only $510 ($630 in high season), which includes flowers, a personalized cake, a gourmet dinner, and other delights. A great choice for a cheap elopement and honeymoon in Maine.
5. The Bear Mountain Inn - an elope wedding in Maine's Western Mountain area will appeal to those who want to experience one of the favorite inns to elope in Maine nestled within a 52-acre haven for nature and wildlife near Waterford, ME.
Eloping packages start at an affordable $550 and include a two-night bed and breakfast, fresh roses and more, and your choice of ceremony location, indoors or out. Ad-ons are available at reasonable rates (e.g., justice of the peace, $100; small cake, $20).
The Captain Lord Mansion - the state of Maine is a perfect spot to honeymoon, and you'll find this romantic Kennebunkport inn ideal for more after-wedding memories. The Captain Lord's gorgeous guest rooms come outfitted with King beds, jetted tubs for two, heated marble floors and gas fireplaces.
(2013 Rating* for Romantic Maine Inns: 98% Excellent/Very Good)
Katherine's Event Planning - Maine Wedding Planning, consulting and coordination for Maine weddings and elopements.
See more on our site on the best elopements in states across New England. Visit our page on romantic Vermont elopements and honeymoons, tie the know with a New Hampshire elopement package, or find out more about eloping in Massachusetts.
Marriage licenses are issued in Maine for $7 to $10 at any town or city municipal office, valid for 90 days throughout (and only in) the state. No blood tests or waiting period is required, but applicants must be 18 years or older. Bring photo ID (e.g., driver's license), certified copies of birth certificates, and know your social security numbers.
The bride and groom should apply in person and if previously married, need certified copies of divorces or death certificates of the last spouses. Check the latest information on how to elope in Maine at the website of your chosen municipal town/city hall before you go.
(Please Note: This page on Maine elopements is a guide only. Prices for these Maine wedding packages as well as requirements for marriages in the state of Maine can change. Please consult with suppliers and official agencies before making any purchases or set arrangements.)
*Based on Tripadvisor.com Ratings & Reviews from Couples as of Feb 2013.
We Hope This Helps You Elope In Maine!